Tuesday 21 February 2012

Crystals Of Change...

I remember the days when,
You took me into your arms,
Kissed my forehead everynight.
Staying awake till I dozed off to sleep.
You woke up before sunrise,
Only to see if I am safe and sound.
Waiting to hear the bed spring bounce,
Embracing me to feel my warmth.
                 .
Days passed ; years rolled by,
Aloof and cold we felt.
The changes within us,
Caused distance within us.
We both stayed under the same roof,
Like strangers down the lane;
Sharing nothing in common,
Staring at eachother everyday.
                  .
Our wavelength no more matched,
Our likes were poles apart.
Pretending to enjoy each others company;
We stayed under the same roof.
The walls spoke about our differences,
The roof spoke about our distance.
Silently bearing we patiently stood,
Under the same roof.
                .
I noticed you were let down,
But never came out with words.
Your expressions translated your inner feeling.
Yet I could'nt comfort you,
It being no more my job.
There I stood standstill,
Experiencing the same feeling within.
                 .
"I am grown up" thats the fact.
I moved with the change.
But felt helpless;
As I watched your emotions stuck
"Pls grow up appa" I whispered;
As I moved away,
              .
It was the hard way,
But the only way.

No comments:

Post a Comment