Sunday 19 February 2012

Time Pass


The aroma of filter coffee mesmerized me. I had been alone to the coffee shop, a place that I love to be to get my most favorite filter coffee. As I settled down with a mug of that enchanting beverage, I noticed that the cafĂ© had a total make over. It was all decorated with flowers, lights, symbols of hearts and the like. The walls glowed carrying with it radiant love quotes and love bands. I simply wondered what this was all about. It struck me hard that the arrangements had been done to welcome the most hyped day of the year that’s celebrated world over. Well, you guessed it right. ’February 14th valentine day was indeed nearing.’ As I sat savoring every bit of the hot steaming coffee, my eyes fell at the pretty young girl seated at the corner table. It looked as if she had taken all pains to groom herself too well. Dressed in hep skin fitting attire, her long black ironed locks, contrasted her fair flawless complexion. Her dark large eyes lined with jet black eye liner and the long conspicuous eyelashes that she sported were enough proof of her angelic beauty. She looked shy and vulnerable too, seated very close besides a young dark man in his prime. She blushed as she smiled occasionally displaying her deep dimples. They conversed in low tones and it was evident that they were in a ‘relationship’ - the trend of the day!! They exchanged smiles, tried to talk with a new accent trying to impress each other. Occasionally they raised eyebrows, I could see a whole run of emotions. I lost count of time as I also got engrossed watching the’ live love leelas.’

“Where has the value system gone?,” shot a voice from the back. I turned to find an old man perhaps in his late 70s, making his point of view. He appeared fragile and weak. Yet he seemed to carry very strong belief system. His voice quivered as he mumbled over the plight of the existing trend. His tone displayed agony and pain. He lamented over the easy going lifestyle devoid of ethics of the youth population. I gave him a cold stare and my silence silenced him. I looked at the corner table again and at the ongoing drama; I didn’t know if their relationship would last… perhaps they were in a transient relationship. Nobody knows if it’s fake or real. Now the trend is to have a relationship status!!  I don’t want to comment, for it’s not my job. Well, are you a part of the cult? The fashion leads…





No comments:

Post a Comment